Re: [LAU] Music Made With Linux - Luka Prinčič: Requiem For The Future: A.I. [video & audio]

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 02 2016 - 00:23:17 EET

On Tue, 1 Nov 2016 23:00:55 +0100
Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator <nova@deviator.si> wrote:

> nice thinking. and well percieved. but... is there anything else in
> the video beside the wolf that would connect with dark mood? perhaps
> not even a "standard filmic object"? perhaps there's "a character"
> being "filmed" in a non-traditional way, with the medium itself?

Well, yes, the lack of precision, the cloudiness, perhaps dream-like
visuals and this fuzzy perception in front that contrast wiht what,
music atmosphere helping, be considered at one point, a menace, in the
background, appearing and disappearing. That it is about a future,
with this level of uncertainty is also destabilizing.

One thing though, if 'A.I.' stands for Artificial Intelligence, then
the artificiality, the synthetic aspect perhaps, is not expressed much
I find. The whole clip comes out as organic instead.

> regarding connections: there are joints and disjoints. i usually try
> to connect/sync audio and video in time very tightly.

Oh, I meant a connection in mood. The joint audio atmosphere
with the visuals culminate at a peak at around 2:18 I find. It's like
a step up in the mood establishment. It would have been nice if there
would have been another, higher point later.

I liked some of the live Nova Deviator material before, this is why
this got my attention.

Cheers.