Re: [LAU] Music Made With Linux - Luka Prinčič: Requiem For The Future: A.I. [video & audio]

From: Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator <nova@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 02 2016 - 00:00:55 EET

jonetsu <jonetsu@teksavvy.com>:

> On Tue, 1 Nov 2016 10:53:59 +0100
> Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator <nova@deviator.si> wrote:
>
> > yesterday I finished a video and published the album release on
>
> Quite good. At around 2:18 there is a joining of both the audio
> atmosphere created so far and the visuals. Although at one point one
> can wonder what is the relation of the dark menacing mood with the
> wolf.
>
> Eg. the wolf only does what it has to do. It is not evil by nature,
> or some other darkness. We all kill to sustain our lives, many kills
> animals, others only plants. The wolf is not a person who decides to
> overthrow another country's gouvernement by using mercenaries who
> terrorizes, rapes and kills the population.

thank you jonetsu for your time and thoughts.

nice thinking. and well percieved. but... is there anything else in the
video beside the wolf that would connect with dark mood? perhaps not
even a "standard filmic object"? perhaps there's "a character" being
"filmed" in a non-traditional way, with the medium itself?

furthermore, regarding "dark menacing mood" - perhaps the right
association is not 'evil'? isn't darkness, heaviness, pain, part of
every light, every happyness? like they say, "no rain, no flowers"? is
rain evil? it's not pleasant, but it's water.

while there is no correct answer and the interpretation is open, things
are put in-there with a purpose and clear connection.

regarding connections: there are joints and disjoints. i usually try to
connect/sync audio and video in time very tightly. this time i went
with a different approach. i wanted it to sometime be in sync, but
image also to have its own independent rhythm. i wanted to play with
blanks, with pauses in the moving image while the music relentlesly
flows...

something like that.

thanks again for watching, i'm happy it sprang up thoughts and words,
and you shared them. happy to talk about it!

best, Luka

--
Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator //// http://deviator.si /