Re: [LAU] Look ma, I'm in the paper :)

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 02 2016 - 22:26:42 EET

Rui, let me, taking your experience into account, but at the same time not
discarding mine, reformulate my previous statement:

Studying someone's code is not the ONLY way to educate yourself.

Also, by not studying code I don't mean literally not seeing someone's
code, but that usually you need only a small portion of it. For me this was
true, I find no difficulty in agreeing that my experience is different from
other people's.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 11/02/2016 04:19 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> > I disagree that reading someone's code is a good way to educate yourself.
> >

> and i disagree in return.
>
> fwiw. on all my life, to which i consider myself one fully and
> accomplished world-class coder, i couldn't ever get on all this way and
> up to this point, ever educated as much without reading someone else's
> code to the least. whether from youngest or oldest heads, as both have a
> lot and same amount of teachings and learning to come by. there's one
> thing you have to learn and pay if you don't: never, ever underestimate
> someone's code.
>
> and fyi. i have managed to do it on way too many mission critical,
> enterprise and corporate development, with way too many coding fellows,
> and as you might well know, also to the free and open-source community
> at large.
>
> i can't even think why you made up that phrase to start with. it's,
> complete and utterly wrong. sorry to tell.
>
> byee
> --
> rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela

Louigi Verona