Re: [LAU] Look ma, I'm in the paper :)

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 02 2016 - 23:07:17 EET

On 11/02/2016 08:26 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Rui, let me, taking your experience into account, but at the same time
> not discarding mine, reformulate my previous statement:
>
> Studying someone's code is not the ONLY way to educate yourself.

yeah, maybe not the only way to do it wrong, that's for certain

may i ask you how do you ever learn to speak and understand the least of
any language at all? don't you have to hear (thus look into code for
that matter) and reproduce even though a mockup at first?

unless you're the creator of the language, which i'm sure very few
humans can brag on that, you always have to look into someone's "code",
even before thinking on developing on it--any language, any code,
lexical, grammar, syntax, or style, be that an idiom, dialect or just
accent.

cheers

--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela