Re: [LAU] Look ma, I'm in the paper :)

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 03 2016 - 00:54:49 EET

On 11/02/2016 10:29 PM, Louigi Verona wrote:

> I agree that you have to look at someone's code. But, using your
> language analogy, I don't think that I can learn Spanish by opening
> someone's book and trying to read through it. I would actually start
> with a textbook and simplistic texts.

whether it's a textbook or a simplistic text, it's "source-code" in that
very sense. it is someone's else code that you're looking into anyway, duh?

you DO learn on it and it IS the most effective way to
do-it-fast-and-right(tm). compare that to trial-and-error... some may
call it clean-room reverse-engineering, whatever, but let's face it:
it's the worst way of learning about anything, believe me. enough
evidence for me.

whether it's better to learn from public, free/open-source code or from
private/closed-source, which isn't available to start with, it's just
pure nonsense.

cheers

--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela