Re: [LAU] Music Made With Linux - Luka Prinčič: Requiem For The Future: A.I. [video & audio]

From: Alf Haakon Lund <alf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 05 2016 - 21:17:12 EET

On 01. nov. 2016 10:53, Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator wrote:

> video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkFonGImAh0
> bandcamp: https://novadeviator.bandcamp.com/album/requiem-for-the-future
> patreon post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/requiem-for-7131878
>
> the video has a connection to the live visual performance in the fact
> that part of the performance were also two dogs doing a dog
> choreography and the concept of the performance which deals with the
> imaginary time when there are no humans left on earth, only A.I. and
> animals/nature and how do we imagine they would co-exist. more about
> the piece: http://aksioma.org/requiem/index.html

Interesting work. There's an uneasy and disturbing effect created
through the interplay of ambient noise and visual noise.

Also the theme made me think of a story I read a long time ago
(unfortunately I fail to remember author or title), about an A.I house
completely abandoned, but still running wake-up alarms, preparing
breakfast and cleaning for inhabitants long since gone.

Al F