[LAU] Music Made With Linux - Luka Prinčič: Requiem For The Future: A.I. [video & audio]

From: Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator <nova@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 01 2016 - 11:53:59 EET

hija all,

yesterday I finished a video and published the album release on
bandcamp...

The visual performance piece "Requiem for The Future" for which I
created music was premiered on 14. October. Since the music was made
very early in the process I managed to create a whole release including
a physical manifestation in a form of custom-made usb in a fold,
designed and printer and bound localy and able to offer that on the
premiere.

so few weeks later here's a video for an edited release (not exactly
how the music was in the performance, but very close).

the music was made in Renoise, and I used some older materials of mine
(granulated stuff in Pure Data, glitches from "cat /dev/sda | /dev/snd")
and reworked number of field recordings.

the video is using stock footage from archive.org (attribution cc
licence) but glitched using ffmpeg and SoX and edited in Kdenlive.

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkFonGImAh0
bandcamp: https://novadeviator.bandcamp.com/album/requiem-for-the-future
patreon post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/requiem-for-7131878

the video has a connection to the live visual performance in the fact
that part of the performance were also two dogs doing a dog
choreography and the concept of the performance which deals with the
imaginary time when there are no humans left on earth, only A.I. and
animals/nature and how do we imagine they would co-exist. more about
the piece: http://aksioma.org/requiem/index.html

a bit on the process of glitching the video material:
http://nova.deviator.si/development-log/making-of-requiem

enjoy!

btw: if you want the USB, there's very few copies left...

--
Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator / http://deviator.si