Re: [LAU] Look ma, I'm in the paper :)

From: fred <f.rech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 01 2016 - 08:45:43 EET

Le 31/10/2016 23:11, Louigi Verona a écrit :
> Ah, ok, Jonetsu forwarded it to me. I wonder why I am not seeing it.
^^ ha ha, maybe an Apache attack on your mail server? ^^

> Yeah, Fred, I am not taking it personally at all. And you are right -
> criticizing anything Stallman wrote is bound to create controversy -
> at least in some circles. My goal, however, is to start a discussion,
> so I will try to not become part of any controversy - as much as it's
> possible.
You're right, maybe I have to minor some kind of troll mood here.. More
seriously, I think that Stallman words criticize creates controversy
because "a certain number of people" -and as you point in the article
linked below, it's hard to count this number of people- understand the
powerfull ideas in FLOSS, plus knows about the business model of
windows/apple/and others (from time to time a new version of OS or a
powerfull new game, or a new standard like blue-ray.. forces you to
change your equipment to "enjoy the user experience", and... do we talk
about /built-in//obsolescence/ of products?). And maybe some CEOs of
closed source products have understood too, that the 4 FLOSS principles
could be something that will lead them to less money making, if A LOT of
people around the world join open source? So it becomes natural that
open source users "defend" Stallmans' ideas, and people from closed
world try to discredit him. Not sure if that's where you want the
conversation you've started to go?

> We'll see. Maybe my article will not get much attention anyway, I am
> not a known person and my audience is very small.
>
> I will post a link to it. It is a very big work, I am working on
> it since July already. I did put together a quick post on Linux
> adoption, which might be relevant to the unfortunate propaganda
> piece of some of the free software community (obviously, not all,
> many people in the community do not do any propaganda and are just
> developing software and enjoying their time with technology).

Am a no-dev-person, maybe that's why -when don't make music with only
FLOSS and real instruments- I do propaganda? Cool if I could learn more,
to speak with more accuracy.

> http://louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_badarg
> <http://louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=writings&t=linux&a=linux_badarg>

You shake the tree with this article, and it seems that all you write is
ok. Since, you now have to provide evidences, haven't you?

--
Fred,