Re: [LAU] everything stops after 2.1GB

From: Chris Caudle <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2016 - 22:36:13 EET

On Thu, November 10, 2016 2:23 am, J. C. wrote:
> raw output is an alternative for the time being, but it would require
> something like Ecasound to play it back, since only there a file format
> can be specified.

The SoX program can of course convert nearly any format to nearly an other
format.
The -r option must be given to describe the sample rate of the raw file,
-e for signed, unsigned, float encoding format of samples, -b for size of
samples in number of bits, -c for number of channels in raw file. If no
changes are desired, just a header, then the last argument is the file
name with format extension.

I do not have a raw file to test this, but I think for a 48 k sample rate,
32 bit float as used by jack, 2 channel raw file the conversion would be:

sox -r 48k -e floating-point -b 32 -c 2 long_night.raw long_night.w64

Maybe ecasound does not use floating point, perhaps you configure 16 bit
output to save space. This should convert:
sox -r 48k -e signed-integer -b 16 -c 2 long_night.raw long_night.w64

--
Chris Caudle