Re: [LAU] New Music: Five of Cups

From: Ben Bell <bjb-linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 15 2016 - 18:04:31 EET

Sorry for the delay in reply -- all very busy here.

I've had a look and I don't think I saved a preset. I can tell you roughly
what I would have done though: set the waves to SSaw or Saw, and use the
16', 8' and 4' lengths. Take off all the filter envelope stuff, make the
amplitude envelope generator into a fairly straightforward fast-ish attack,
fast-to-medium release (100-500ms?) with sustain at 100%. Get rid of any
harmonics and foldover. What you'll end up with is really simple sounding
but that's the point. You then sitck it through a multichorus and phaser
to get the sorts of effect you'd normal expect on a string synth and it
starts to take shape.

So, nothing staggeringly authentic but in a mix did a nice job of providing
some warmth and shimmer behind things.

bjb