Re: [LAU] Music: Robo c'est la vie

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 26 2016 - 23:32:22 EET

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 21:41:58 -1000
david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/robocestlavie

> Nice little piece. Had a suggestion (to me) of something from a
> martial arts film soundtrack. Maybe where the hero's fighting not the
> boss bad guy but the one just below the boss.

He he... I don't know that much about martial art movies as to know the
difference in music between the guy just below the boss and th boss
himself ! Thanks for the comment though, as it adds spice to the tune.

> On my headphones, the sound got a bit muddy when the deep bass came
> in. Kind of felt like the deep bass was wrapping itself around the
> entire lower part of the spectrum.

Yes, there was a fight going on actually. I will have to resolve this
eventually as it will certainly show itself again later. At that point
in time I wanted to share the piece in its current state and move on.
The format of the piece does not lend itself so much to attentive
repeat listening in a mix situation and I felt I did my share for the
time being. The current mix does give the piece a rough edge, though
which in itself can be considered as an artistic statement. I felt it
was OK to share it as is for now. But there are technical issues to be
solved.

> I liked the way the deep bass wandered around the stereo mix. Seemed
> kind of unusual to me, I'm more used to hearing other instruments
> move around in the sound field.

Thanks for the comments !