Re: [LAU] RME HDSP 9652 priority issue

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 03 2016 - 17:17:09 EET

On Sat, 3 Dec 2016, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sat, 03 Dec 2016 01:29:58 +0100, Michael Jarosch wrote:
>
>>> It's idiotic to mix systemd with init scripts.
>>
>> Yes, maybe. But you'll remember how heatened the discussion about
>> systemd was and you know, they had to handle the situation. The mix-
>> systemd-with-sysv-init-sollution works for vast majority of scripts
>> which hasn't been ported, yet. So, it's a good compromise and maybe
>> when the next debian stable is ready, all sysv-init-related stuff is
>> already history... No need to get angry, they've done a good job in my
>> opinion.
>
> I don't understand why you call it a good job. Upstream provides rtirq
> for systemd usage.

I don't recall seeing Ralf submitting a patch to the package.... Try
looking at the number of packages any one maintainer deals with. Try doing
some of your own packaging before you call others down. If it's bad fix it
instead of grumble. Packaging debian packages to be satisfactory for the
debian archives can be painful and time intensive. Certainly packages that
don't work will get priority. Rtirq still works, so I imagine it is not
going to get done for a while.

... still dealing with sysinit, upstart and systemd all in one distro.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net