Re: [LAU] Synth perc sounds howto

From: Yassin Philip <philcm@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 05 2016 - 13:51:08 EET

On 05/12/16 11:28, J. C. wrote:
> Hi,
> I think Philip is looking for the tambourine. I'm not absolutely sure,
> but I think this was TR-707, but even that should be part of a lot of
> analogue drum programming guides.
Yes, I think you're right, Jeanette. Specifically, it's the /second/
sound one can hear at the very start of the video, and yes, good guess,
now I remember, it really sounds like the 707 (funny how I hated this
machine in the early 90s and how I'd like to have it back now)
tambourine, but in some sort of swirling delay.
It can also be heard as the "snare" in the infamous (maybe I heard it
too much) JM Jarre production, like this ubiquous one whose name eludes
me. Oxygen, yes, that one, I think.

So I'm back in square one, browsing presets for something close.

> Thanks for the Waldorf page, Christoph, that sounds interesting and
> helpful. I love drum programming. <3
I second that ; this is a very nice read.

> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette
>
> --------
> When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3

Yassin Philip - New album out NOW
http://yassinphilip.bitbucket.org