Re: [LAU] USB MIDI controller + OT 14-bit question

From: termtech <termtech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 12 2016 - 02:23:10 EET

On Sunday, December 11, 2016 8:38:16 PM EST Will Godfrey wrote:
> Can anyone recommend one of these that's reasonably small and robust - not
> requiring a second mortgage!
>
> I don't want keys, but programmable push buttons and sliders/knobs. A
> joystick would be icing on the cake.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Will.

Slightly off-topic question:

What controllers offer to manipulate 14-bit from one knob or slider,
 including 'amalgamated' controls (so-called 'high' and 'low' controllers)
 and 14-bit (N)RPN?
Custom High/Low sending order?
Redundant controller number and value optimization
 (skip it or force send always)?

They should of course have the ability to manipulate the high and low
 separately with two knobs or sliders.

Does anyone use such a single continuous 14-bit control?
Would you like to but can't find apps that accept some or all of them?

These things greatly affect some input controller work I'm doing in MusE.
If you have such controllers, let me know so I can pester you to test ;-)

Thanks.
Tim.