Re: [LAU] Too much information :(

From: Jeanette C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 17 2016 - 14:54:59 EET

Hi Will,
it's been a while, since I had to cope with similar problems, but I
believe this is related to the syslog service. It's a matter of
configuring which messages are printed to the current TTY and which are
perhaps logged to tty10. This was a standard TTY for all kinds of
messages. Perhaps you could look at JACK's commandline options. There
certainly is the -v (verbose) option.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette
Dec 17 2016, Will J Godfrey has written:

> On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 11:23:38 +0100 (CET)
> "Jeanette C." <julien@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> Dec 17 2016, Will Godfrey has written:
>>
>>> With the latest debian update I've just seen that, on CLI startup, any
>>> application that runs jack now chucks out 20-30 lines of info. Is there any way
>>> to suppress this? Most of the time, someone running from the CLI just wants to
>>> know it's running.
>> Hi Will,
>> what sort of information is printed on the screen? Is it kernel/deep
>> system related INFO or does it look like a Debian specific message?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Jeanette
>>
>> --------
>> When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3
>
> It's specific to jack. Each line starts,
>
> Jack:
>
> --
> It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)
>
> ... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
> but trying to catch the good bits.

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3