Re: [LAU] Too much information :(

From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 18 2016 - 10:46:47 EET

On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 13:54:59 +0100 (CET)
"Jeanette C." <julien@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi Will,
> it's been a while, since I had to cope with similar problems, but I
> believe this is related to the syslog service. It's a matter of
> configuring which messages are printed to the current TTY and which are
> perhaps logged to tty10. This was a standard TTY for all kinds of
> messages. Perhaps you could look at JACK's commandline options. There
> certainly is the -v (verbose) option.
>
> HTH.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

Looks like I've more of a problem :(

I use qjackctl to start jack, and it now takes much longer before I can actually
start it, after loading the app.

An unrelated issue that's suddenly occurred is that USB sticks are no longer
auto recognised and I have to use pmount.

All of this has happened since that latest fetch from debian testing :(

Maybe I'm imagining things, but we seem to be getting a lot more breakages
and general strange behaviour from debian these days.

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)
... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,