Re: [LAU] Linux audio on Intel NUC

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 22 2016 - 20:04:12 EET

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016, Guillaume Pellerin wrote:

> As a sysadmin of several headless audio/video recording and streaming NUC
> servers working 24/7, I can say those machines are very stable.
> I use them with a custom RT kernel and jackd as a sound server daemon driving
> some various external USB pro sound cards (M-Audio, Focusrite, Lexicon, etc..)
> and USB webcams.

Just out of interest, are they all the same model?

Which model(s) do you use?

If you use more than one kind, have you noticed any difference?

What latency do you use? (jack terms are fine 128/2 for example)

I note the use of webcams, does that mean you are also streaming video?

> The only pb I have is when micro power losses appear sometimes, but this is out
> of topic.

My understanding is that they run on 12V, (maybe 16V laptop PS). Power out
issues should be easier to deal with on these than with a desktop. I
understand that in your case the trouble may not be great enough to make
adding battery BU worth while. But for others concidering them it is worth
the note.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net