[LAU] PreSonus support is ridiculous

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Dec 26 2016 - 21:00:10 EET

 Request #354152 The connected device requires too much power

    Ralf Yesterday at 12:01

    Hi,

    an AudioBox 1818VSL works when connected to a Linux PC, linux 4.9
    with rt patch, as well as 4.8.13 with threadirqs, but if I connect
    it to my iPad 2, iOS 9.3.5, the message "Cannot use Device AudioBox
    1818VSL : The connected device requires too much power." appears.

    Before I send the audio interface back to the dealer and order a
    device from another vendor, I want to know, if this issue could be
    fixed.

    Regards,
    Ralf

    Technical Support Today at 19:36

    Hi,

    The AudioBox is not designed to work as a recording interface to an
    iPad.

    The AudioBox 1818 must be properly installed to a supported Windows
    operating system.

    Linux is not a supported operating system.

    You can install the Legacy 1.3 device drivers for the AudioBox
    which supports the VSL mixing software. Then you can install the
    AudioBox VSL remote app to you iPad and use this to control the VSL
    mixing software. The VSL mixing software is for monitoring purposes
    only. The VSL mixing software "does not" record audio.

    To record audio you need to have your AudioBox properly connected
    and installed to a computer and use a DAW audio recording software
    like Studio One.

    Butch Richard
    Technical Support Representative

    PreSonus Audio Electronics
    18011 Grand Bay Court
    Baton Rouge, LA 70809
    www.presonus.com

    ----------
    The contents of this email message are the property of PreSonus
    Audio Electronics, Inc., and are intended for the recipient of this
    email address only. Unauthorized copying, forwarding, publishing,
    or posting of any or all of the contents of this email is strictly
    prohibited. ---------- PreSonus Audio Electronics Baton Rouge,
    Louisiana

    Additional Informational Resources:

    **New PreSonus Answers Knowledge Base: https://answers.presonus.com/

    PreSonus Announcements:
    http://support.presonus.com/forums/20979760-Announcements Studio
    One 3 KnowledgeBase:
    http://support.presonus.com/categories/20088640-Studio-One-v3
    Studio Live and RM Mixer KnowledgeBase:
    http://support.presonus.com/categories/20072370-StudioLive-Mixer-Family
    Studio 192 KnowledgeBase:
    http://support.presonus.com/categories/20152756-Studio-192 AudioBox
    KnowledgeBase:
    http://support.presonus.com/categories/20067515-AudioBox-Family
    PreSonus Home Audio:
    http://support.presonus.com/categories/20083270-Home-Audio Avatar

    Ralf Today at 19:56

    Hi,

    please, is there an engineer of your company who could reply to my
    request?

    For your very information, I already used it with Linux, consider
    to read

    http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2016-December/106991.html

    and then

    http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2016-December/107003.html

    Let alone that even your homepage claims that the control software
    is available for Mac Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El
    Capitan, and Sierra, too. Sure, no driver, since it's class class
    compliant, only Microsoft requires a driver.

    So, you want me to return the device to my dealer and then my
    company should buy the 50 devices and additional gear we need from
    a competitor of your company?

    Regards,
    Ralf