[LAU] "Linux is "open source", therefore we cannot assist you with this entirely" - Was: PreSonus support is ridiculous

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Dec 27 2016 - 19:17:29 EET

It's not a surprise [1], but anyway very frustrating.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
Technical Support Today at 17:08

Hi,

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please understand that Support Ticket Requests are for technical
assistance with supported systems and the PreSonus product line.

I am very sorry but I cannot facilitate communication with engineer or
developers. If you require contact with another department, you may
submit a request here.

http://www.presonus.com/about/contact-us

Please understand that "supported" means what is stated for the System
Requirements on our product pages.

http://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-1818VSL/tech-specs

Yes, Apple OSX is of course included in this support. I am sorry that I
did not mention it previously. It was simple mistake.

Yes, Linux very well may work, however, Linux is "open source",
therefore we cannot assist you with this entirely.

I am very sorry, I do not mean to argue semantics. I am only trying to
help as I can. If my assistance is not what you need, then I can only
offer my apologies.

I may only be able to provide you with some general suggestions or
alternatives that may or may not help regarding the function or non
function of your AudioBox itself.

If you haven't already, you might consider reaching out to the User
Forums for the AudioBox and even for Linux.

https://forums.presonus.com/viewforum.php?f=165

=======================

All that said, how may I assist you with the AudioBox 1818 ?

Please state your concern and issue plainly and we will address it to
the best of our ability.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work to help.

Butch Richard
Technical Support Representative

PreSonus Audio Electronics
18011 Grand Bay Court
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
www.presonus.com

----------
The contents of this email message are the property of PreSonus Audio
Electronics, Inc., and are intended for the recipient of this email
address only. Unauthorized copying, forwarding, publishing, or posting
of any or all of the contents of this email is strictly prohibited.
---------- PreSonus Audio Electronics Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Additional Informational Resources:

**New PreSonus Answers Knowledge Base: https://answers.presonus.com/

PreSonus Announcements:
http://support.presonus.com/forums/20979760-Announcements Studio One 3
KnowledgeBase:
http://support.presonus.com/categories/20088640-Studio-One-v3 Studio
Live and RM Mixer KnowledgeBase:
http://support.presonus.com/categories/20072370-StudioLive-Mixer-Family
Studio 192 KnowledgeBase:
http://support.presonus.com/categories/20152756-Studio-192 AudioBox
KnowledgeBase:
http://support.presonus.com/categories/20067515-AudioBox-Family
PreSonus Home Audio:
http://support.presonus.com/categories/20083270-Home-Audio

Avatar Ralf Today at 18:12

Hi,

I'll test the AudioBox 1818 on the iPad with an USB hub and report back.

It's a pity that "open source" isn't supported. However, actually iOS
isn't "open source" and Apple tablets are as much used for audio, as
other Apple computers.

Regards,
Ralf