[LAU] USB cable with ferrite core

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Dec 29 2016 - 00:11:31 EET

Hi,

if I connect an active USB hub and an USB audio card by a 1.5 m USB
cable, there are no xruns. If I connect the devices using a 0.5 m cable
with a ferrite core [1] there's one audible xrun after the other.
Technically a ferrite core affects the quality of a digital
signal, but I wonder if it could be that much, that it could cause
xruns. Maybe just the cable or the jacks are bad. Does anybody know
more about USB cables with ferrite core and possible impact on the USB
signal or other reasons that make a differences for USB cables or USB
jacks?

[1]
https://www.reichelt.de/USB-Kabel/DELOCK-82057/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=6099&ARTICLE=144663&OFFSET=16&SID=96WGQzM6wQATIAAC1mEnc6b2149a65e87e5dd30debfec249184e8&LANGUAGE=EN

Btw. the iPad now could connect to the PreSonus and shows all I/Os, but
neither MIDI nor audio I/Os work, IOW I noticed the above when I tested
the PreSonus in combination with the USB hub using Linux.

I'll return the PreSonus and try to find another card for usage with
Linux as well as with iOS.

Regards,
Ralf