[LAU] Music: Freetidbit and 1 year of Soundcloud

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 29 2016 - 01:34:38 EET

Hello,

I started the Soundcloud page a year ago. I thought I should share the
music I make. This was an opportunity for me to learn about mixing
music, about putting a bit more 'seriousness' in the process, more
technical aspects, paying attention to more details, in short,
polishing up a bit and structuring pieces. At that time I bought a
book on mixing, started to read articles.

A year later while I'm still learning I can see that there was a bit of
a road that was made and I can see that if I go one, it will become
easier to bridge emotions to sounds.

A year later there are 33 pieces that I uploaded. There were 4453
plays, 85 likes, 134 downloads and 27 followers. While these numbers
are certainly extermely average if not sub par, I find it very nice in
their own way.

So I'd like to thank everyone !!

During this week I will try to upload 5 pieces, some kind of a marathon
of composing, arranging and mixing. So here's the first one...

Freetidbit' is using only synthesizers available for free and more
specifically, u-he synthsizers that are available for free. The
Triplecheese synth for instance provides bass, Podolski provides a
melody, TyrellN6 some chords, Zebralette and Beatzille provides sounds
and additional support. All these synths are available for free and
runs natively in Linux. The drums OTOH are not free.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/freetidbit

As always comments are welcomed.

Cheers.