Re: [LAU] OSC tools

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 30 2016 - 02:00:49 EET

On Thu, December 29, 2016 6:10 am, Christopher Arndt wrote:
> Am 29.12.2016 um 14:51 schrieb Georg Krause:
> Is there any simple way to monitor OSC
>> messages? CLI based would be fine for me, but i need something like
>> jack_midi_dump ;)
>
> Look at pyliblo. It comes with the send_osc and dump_osc utilities,
> which are very handy.
>
> http://das.nasophon.de/pyliblo/

If you are using liblo it comes with oscsend and oscdump... for that
matter if any package you have already installed uses liblo, those two
utilities are already there. There is also a java utility I have used at
one time (can't remember it's name) that monitors osc connections in a
passthrough manner.

Wireshark works too.

--
Len Ovens