Re: [LAU] Playing .mp3 from playlist with equal volume

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 30 2016 - 04:50:39 EET

On 12/29/2016 11:36 AM, nikgnomic wrote:
> I used Foobar2000 for long time as best replaygain scanning solution. Still
> have it installed, more as audio toolkit than player now.
>
> There is command-line mp3gain package, but I believe this has been dropped
> from Debian and Ubuntu repositories. I was able to compile older version of
> mp3gain from Ubuntu 14.04 for Ubuntu Studio 16.04 no problem. Not necessary
> now as Martin Wimpress created an Ubuntu repository for mp3gain and aacgain
> <https://launchpad.net/~flexiondotorg/+archive/ubuntu/audio>

Got those, I guess they'll work, haven't tried them yet.

> I use QtGain <https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtgain/> as GUI front-end,
> easy to drag a folder or file in to scan. I also added a custom right click
> option in Thunar file manager. With or without GUI, the scan is slightly
> faster than Foobar (on my pc) and I can't hear any difference in sound
> levels in final playback

Hmm, install instructions say to run qmake. I didn't have qmake
installed. I finally got qmake by installing the qt4-make and qt5-make
packages. Make then greeted me with errors about not finding QtWidgets.

Any other way to compile this? Or obtain a binary?

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden