Re: [LAU] Sound quality of the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Jan 08 2017 - 20:04:08 EET

On Sun, 8 Jan 2017 09:17:58 -0800 (PST), Len Ovens wrote:
>On Sun, 8 Jan 2017, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> Btw. the only available control by alsamixer is "Clock Source".
>[snip]

There's one volume pot for one stereo output pair, by default routed
to outputs 1 and 2. There are 8 level pots, one for each analog input.
And there are two volume pots, one for each headphone output.

There's a mixer available for Mac, not iOS and Windows >=7, so not
for XP. I guess for iOS is a remote software available, that could be
used, if the 18i20 is connected to a Mac or Win PC, it at least is
available for the Presonus and IIRC I read the same about the Focusrite.

For Linux and iOS it's only possible to chose the channels with the
defaults or with settings that were changed using the Mac or Windows
mixer, aka "control" for the Focusrite. It does store the changes, so
the Focusrite could be used even without a computer, to mix and rout
signals.

Most likely I don't install Windows >=7.

Regards,
Ralf