Re: [LAU] using Jack an interface to ecasound

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Jan 20 2017 - 15:07:10 EET

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 06:59:50 -0500, john gibby wrote:
>I did searches thru install packages and saw nothing related to jack1
>that got installed by mistake.

To list all jack related packages that are installed run

mkdir /tmp/empty_dir
cd /tmp/empty_dir/
dpkg -l *jack* | grep ii

This doesn't ensure that nothing jack related is in a critical path, if
you should have installed something without a package or assuming you
did remove a package without removing all files, that were provided by a
package.

>My piano app see's a 128 sample buffer [...] I seem to feel too much
>latency.

You started jack with 128 frames and periods are 2 or 3, for a sample
rate at 44.1 KHz or 48 KHz?

If so, play a note and check if the tuning at the audio output is
correct? Use an external instrument tuner or compare the audio output
with an external instrument or tuning fork.

Regards,
Ralf