Re: [LAU] Toggle Jack Transport CLI

From: <hollundertee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 20 2017 - 15:44:55 EET

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 20:01:31 +0100
Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Am 18.01.2017 um 15:21 schrieb hollundertee@email-addr-hidden:
> > The script as such works fine when called from a terminal.
> >
> > However, the actual shortcut does not work unless I reload the i3
> > config.
>
> How about you redirect the stdout and stderr output from/within that
> jack_transport_toggle.sh script into a file to see what's happening
> when you call it from the i3 shortcut?
>

> Chris

Thanks,

while that did not help, enabling i3 logging did. It showed me that I
did not have permission. I did 'chmod +x' for the script and now it
works.
Why it did not work when i3 was started through startx but did work
after it was restarted beats me.

Anyway, I have done a number of videos with this hack (one shortcut
for SSR and jack transport) and it works well. The start of video and
audio matches up well enough for a typical screen capture.

I would still prefer something more accurate, like a screen capture
program that listens to jack transport.

Regards,
Philipp