Re: [LAU] Music: Buta - Help find a genre for this music ?

From: Jeanette C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 24 2017 - 15:08:12 EET

Jan 24 2017, jonetsu has written:

> Hello,
>
> Here's one I just made. I am stuck when it comes to find a genre for
> this. Rock ? Progressive rock ? Can you suggest something ?
Hey hey,
I'd go for synthpop, new wave, 80s or soundtrack, depending on your
leanings and intention. Synth rock might also be an alternative.

> Comments welcomed !
>
> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/buta
I like that one, it has grid and both feet planted on the ground, while
maintaining some interesting sounds. With my personal antipathy for the
80s, I'd say there's a little too much of that, but that is
unreasonable. :) It is a very balanced blend of simple structure,
entertaining and captivating development and changes, a catching rhythm
and of course lovely synth sounds. Did you design any of those yourself?

Thanks for sharing!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3