Re: [LAU] Music: Buta - Help find a genre for this music ?

From: jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 24 2017 - 15:30:17 EET

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:08:12 +0100 (CET)
"Jeanette C." <julien@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

Hi,

> I'd go for synthpop, new wave, 80s or soundtrack, depending on your
> leanings and intention. Synth rock might also be an alternative.

Ah. Synth rock might not be too bad to start with. For me, I hear the
acoustic guitar in there quite a lot, although that might be a bias.
There's a 'natural' aspect to it. Organic synth rock. o-synth rock.

>> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/buta

> I like that one, it has grid and both feet planted on the ground,
> while maintaining some interesting sounds. With my personal antipathy
> for the 80s, I'd say there's a little too much of that, but that is
> unreasonable. :) It is a very balanced blend of simple structure,
> entertaining and captivating development and changes, a catching
> rhythm and of course lovely synth sounds. Did you design any of those
> yourself?

Thanks for the comments !

I guess the 80s is a natural tendency since I haven't heard much of that
synthwave material that seems to gain some traction.

I still use stock sounds that I modify slightly. I've started to learn
about how sounds are made so I'm building slowly a knowledge that will
at least be useful to tweak sounds appropriately. Creating high quality
sounds takes certainly some amount of time. I'd rather be making music
instead. I appreciate a lot all the people that spend this time doing
so. Sometimes I make a parallel with real instruments, eg. I play
guitar, form sounds, but I'm certainly not building any. Maybe this
also applies to synthesizers and sound patches.

Cheers.