Re: [LAU] Can qjackctl start netmanager?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 27 2017 - 08:28:34 EET

On 01/26/2017 03:52 PM, John Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 16:49:47 +0100
> Johannes Kroll <j-kroll@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> OT, but I need to vent about my Windows 7 experience. Enough was
> enough for me years ago, but I have to use it for my racing game,
> which is bad enough. I got nowhere with its USB MIDI system.

Reminds me of when my church band's sound tech's employer-provided
Windows XP laptop died. We were using a 12-channel Firewire device for
recording. His new employer-provided laptop came with Windows 7. Our
tech found a Firewire card for it, but the XP drivers for our sound card
wouldn't work on it. (IIRC, they installed.) The vendor never made any
drivers for it for Windows 7, either. So we had to stop recording in
12-channels and record in stereo on my Linux laptop.

If you ever have to buy Windows, get an OEM version with install media!

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden