Re: [LAU] Release: story_maker - make dramatised readings with your speech synths

From: Jeanette C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2017 - 23:36:08 EET

Feb 7 2017, karl@email-addr-hidden has written:
> README, is this a typo:
> * If possible aotumatically guess the title of the text
Thanks, of course it is. :)

> If I understand your texts and code, your code is about finding
> passages, identify persons that should speak thoose passages and choose
> voices so that a each person has its own voice-sound.
Yes.
> Do you try to
> identify gender, old persons, children or persons with dialect, etc.
> in the texts also ?
No, not as such. I don't have too many voices anyway. At least not ones
that sound really good. I have one genuine child's voice and a few adult
voices, who could be of different ages. I just try to find the right one
for each character. Naturally I often have to use voices for multiple
characters. So characters with few lines might share voices. I try to
fit the main characters with different voices and not re-use voices for
main parts. But it's partly a question of necessity and resources. I
suppose that in English - accepting some or all dialects - there's a
better choice. In German I could theoretically use about 12 or 13
acceptable and good voices.

I hope you can get some enjoyment out of this. :)

Due to other comments, I'm planning of rewriting it in c++. Requested
features included a sort of dictionary or language learning scenario and
reading HTML texts, using different voices not for characters, but to
mark headings and other text attributes or container types. The latter
one doesn't sound like something I'd do very soon, but it sounds useful.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3