[LAU] Release: story_maker - make dramatised readings with your speech synths

From: Jeanette C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 06 2017 - 23:26:31 EET

Hi everyone,
this is a script to make a dramatised reading from a plain text file, using
speech synthesizers on both Linux and MAC OS. Hear the software play it for
you. :)
https://freeshell.de/~silvain/software/story_maker-1.0rc1.tar.bz2
It works from the Linux terminal and only needs sndfile (sndfile-concat and
sndfile-convert) and optionally oggenc or lame to create a fully tagged
audiobook.

story_maker can use sapi4linux (sapilektor), espeak and festival on Linux and
the standard MAC OS voices (through say), which includes the InfoVox IVox
voices.

Features:
automatically find direct speech
interactively assign character names to direct speech passages
choose a cast of voices for your characters
save a full or partial cast and use it for other stories
automatically render on Linux and (optionally) MAC (using ssh)
optionally build a fully tagged OGG or mp3 file

I can't publicly supply my demo, since it uses proprietary voices, not meant
for published audiofiles. :( But it sounds OK. It's certainly better than
reading it at the computer scren or braille display and sounds much better
than plain old espeak. :)

I'd love to hear some feedback if you go for that crazy thing. <3

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3