Re: [LAU] "JX-O5" (Roland JX-03 track made on Linux)

From: Christopher Arndt <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2017 - 10:45:54 EET

Am 20.02.2017 um 11:57 schrieb Louigi Verona:
> Great demoscene/electronic/Jarre feeling, although audible inaccuracies
> in note timing spoils the fun for me.

Thanks for the criticsm. I'm not sure which part you mean, but I think I
know how one could get that feeling. The adlib lead parts in the outro
were done in the last stretch of making the track and I was impatient to
get it done, so these have less then stellar playing ;)

Also there are several arpeggios or ostinatos going on with patterns,
whose length is shorter than a multiple of beats in a bar, so the
pattern start moves. The vibe ostinato is an example of this and it was
played by hand for a few bars and then the recording looped in the DAW.
As the patterns move against each other, they don't always gel together
well. Though I like the effect.

Anyway, this started out as a simple experiment to see how this synth
behaves in a multi track and became a little more but I didn't want to
spend too much time on it, so I'm fully aware that it has its flaws. Its
more a tech demo than a real song.

Chris