Re: [LAU] Reaper under Wine: Bugs and Questions

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 08 2017 - 06:37:29 EET

On 03/07/2017 05:03 PM, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a few bugs and questions when running the Reaper DAW under wine
> which sit unanswered on the Reaper (Cockos Confederated) Forum, so I
> take the liberty to ask on this list if anyone has experienced similar
> problems.

I'm not surprised. I doubt that the Reaper vendor does any support once
they see the magic "Linux" word.

> 1,)
> Reaper loses all keyboard shortcuts. This usually happens after having
> switched from/to Reaper and other applications of after switching
> desktops multiple times.

Just a WAG: Does the same problem happen under a different window manager?

> 2.)
> The "Save Project..." dialog suggests EDL TXT (Vegas) as default file
> extension, which can be changed by the user manually every time, but is
> very annoying.

Some preference setting in Reaper?

> 3.)
> when I am adding a single mono audio file to an existing Reaper timeline
> under Linux/Wine from a graphical filemanager (xfe) using drag+drop, the
> file is inserted twice, on two adjacent tracks, but with a time-offset
> between the two copies.

Another thing that could be specific to your window manager.

Do the issues go away if you use a different window manager?

> All three issues are with Reaper 5.30 under Wine 1.6.2-20 in Debian testing with
> Window Manager Fluxbox and have existed since several older versions
> of Reaper already.

Also, is your Fluxbox current? I haven't used it in years, but if it's a
bug in Fluxbox, maybe it got smashed in newer version?

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden