Re: [LAU] Grid Looper

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 08 2017 - 10:09:28 EET

On 07/03/2017 22:44, jonetsu wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 22:30:12 +0100
> Olli <olli@coderkun.de> wrote:
>
>> Luppp¹ is doing pretty much what I am looking for but has some
>> drawbacks: mainly no Jack sync and no stereo.
>
>> Though Ableton Live seems to have a similar feature (not used it
>> myself) I want to use free software, of course,—or a hardware device.
>
> Not solution here, although I would just like to add, since you mention
> Ableton, that in Linux this is represented by the very apt Bitwig 2.0.

Although not free software I confirm that Bitwig Studio does exactly
that with the "scenes".

I'm thinking something could be done in Pure Data, but how easy/hard
would depend on the nature of the loops (all same length or multiples?)
and how important the GUI is (also jack transport comes as an external
but that shouldn't be a problem).

Lorenzo.