Re: [LAU] jack, pulse = confusion, at least for me

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 13 2017 - 20:52:57 EET

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017, Joakim Hernberg wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:24:35 -0400
> Mac <ussndmac@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> If I understand your reply, dbus provides some magic that allows
>> pulseaudio (as installed with UBS16.04) to see when a jackd2 server
>> is started and create the pulseaudio source/sinks.
>
> If you want to use the bridge with jackd1 you can use this:
> pacmd load-module module-jack-sink channels=2

yes. module-jack-sink and module-jack-source besides chanels= also has
client_name= which will show up both on the jack side as well as the pa
side (i normally insert the card name in here client_name=PA_M66) and
connect=no if you do not want the module to auto connect to system_1 and
system_2. (my s/pdif is system_9/10)

If you are loading these modules from a script then:
jack_connect source destination
can be helpful as well (jack-plumbing may be better in some cases). Using
client_name= means you know what name jack is using for connecting.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net