Re: [LAU] #stream2own

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2017 - 17:27:42 EEST

> Thanks for introducing this. Very interesting.
>
> I do like their idea, but I did not like the fact that they did not
> mention
> Bandcamp. Comparing to Spotify is fairly easy, but Bandcamp does not have
> subscription model. How do they compare to Bandcamp? I mean, I am selling
> something at Bandcamp and the good thing about it is that the price is not
> fixed.
>
> Either way, I am very much willing to try them.

IIUC they are planning to expand the pricing options after they have
solidified the core stream2own model.

In terms of comparing to Bandcamp I think the services are mutually
compatible. Bandcamp offers a viable sales model and is doing a lot for
indie artists/producers. They are also actively monitoring hte progress
and will most likely adopt the stream to own model if they see it working
out with Resonate.

The stream2own model hasn't been fully proven yet so it's a bit hard to
say how it will stack up against Bandcamp earnings. The main point is that
the option is now available for artists and producers to join in the fun
and find out for themselves.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd