Re: [LAU] Bela.io Was: Arch Wiki Professional_audio

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2017 - 14:39:32 EEST

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 11:57:53 +0100, Felipe Ferreri Tonello wrote:
>I can confirm that there are people doing low-latency audio - 5 ms
>system wide - on Linux.

Other people tune motorbikes for public street, so that they reach 300
km/h, but nearly nowhere you could drive 300 km/h on public streets.

The issue is, that <= 5 ms round-trip latency is only for a some rare
usages required. My aim is to improve the Wiki, to provide the most
important information clear and in short. I much more worry about other
claims, however, I unlikely will continue working on the Wiki, so go
and compile kernels with 1000 Hz frequency, tune swap usage and be
happy.

Regards,
Ralf