Re: [LAU] Arch Wiki Professional_audio

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2017 - 16:14:18 EEST

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 14:11:58 +0200, Joakim Hernberg wrote:
>On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 13:42:34 +0200
>Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>> No problem, I didn't start the hostilities and I'm not interested to
>> do any additional editing to the Wiki.
>>
>> For me this "discussion" is finished.
>
>Like that the wiki will never improve..

Hi,

I asked for help, since I don't know everything!

I can't simply edit the Wiki without knowing if there are some
computers that e.g. require 1000 Hz because hrtimer for some reason
can't be used. Are there some apps not using hpet? What is the jack1
equivalent of -Xalsarawmidi? Did somebody compare
alsa-midi-latency-test with and without
  echo 2048 > /proc/sys/dev/hpet/max-user-freq
?
Is there anything related to professional audio that requires flash?

Instead I got...

"Sometimes, one should think twice before posting. I wouldn't call it
exactly "offending", but, you know, it just sounds like you're blaming
people writing shit.

Be kind. And respect others that took the time to document things."

..and a bunch of bikeshedding about latency. Btw. nobody contributed to
the talk [ https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Professional_audio
] and apparently just a few read the Wiki page.

The Wiki is outdated! I already edited a little bit, but I will not
continue to "offend" anybody or blame "people writing shit". I'll keep
the Wiki as is, to "respect others that took the time to document
things".

Regards,
Ralf

--
"Michael" described Floyd as "an idiot savant", and added, "Give him
any two numbers, and he can multiply them in his head, just like that."