Re: [LAU] Arch Wiki Professional_audio

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 31 2017 - 16:49:00 EEST

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017, Hermann Meyer wrote:

> I think, for listeners, latency, if it is in a "normal range" wouldn't be a
> issue, often it is the opposite (eg. Live Atmosphere) , but for the artist,
> even a small amount of latency could be disturbing, when you hear your
> instrument delayed without using a delay.

That is exactly it. When playing bass, I find that once I am 30 feet away
from the rest of the band (all analog signal path) my playing suffers. I
find playing guitar through the computer to use effects in the computer
with jack set 256/2 is starting to get anoying. In a hall, so long as the
house speakers are reasonably aligned, I can be over 100feet away with no
degredation in listening enjoyment (assuming a hall with reasonable
acoustics).

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net