Re: [LAU] Close, but no cigar

From: John Murphy <rosegardener@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 01 2017 - 05:24:00 EEST

On 1 Apr 2017 00:09:17 +0100 Will Godfrey <willgodfrey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> There has been much argument as to whether a graphical interface is best with
> independent windows, or with a single window (with or without tabs). Here in
> the Yoshimi workshop, the only type of arguments we like are the startup CLI
> ones! Therefore we've been working on a quite novel idea.
>
> This came about when one of our team (who still uses a CRT monitor) found that
> a cheap ionizer dramatically reduced the static discharges he kept getting. He
> quickly realised that ionization could be used to control both static
> attraction and repulsion. Thinking there must be an enhanced IT equivalent he
> hacked up some software ionization code. [...]

You're having us on aren't you Will? Surely everyone knows IoTs don't actually
trap ions (the idea lol). The guns were aimed away from the phosphor and the
magnets pulled the electrons toward user, if you were lucky. Easy ten bob job
if you were. Focus magnets otoh... Thanks for the memories :)

--
John. (Goes back to coding my Pointer Oriented Operating System.)