Re: [LAU] #stream2own

From: Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 26 2017 - 15:18:13 EEST

Hey everyone!

Just a quick update on resonate and actually on Patreon.

So, after about a month at resonate.is I have these stats:

*14* tracks uploaded (a nice selection of dronings)
resonate reports *277* streams, *266* previews, *11* plays, *0.0168*
credits and *1* favourites (probably, someone adding a track to favs)
I am not sure how streams differ from plays, but this is what we have.

At the same time I decided to start a Patreon page for droning. And I
already have 1 patron :)
https://www.patreon.com/droning

Here I set an offer for payments per droning, so people can pledge money
per release. Let's see how that goes. Will report results to this post
later on.

But in general what I like about Patreon is that it is set to create a
whole community as opposed to just selling stuff. These are people who will
follow your creative journey and try to help you on your way. I really want
to try that out.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 9:34 PM, jonetsu <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 20:02:29 +0200
> Louigi Verona <louigi.verona@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > So, I downloaded a report from Bandcamp. If I am reading it
> > correctly, in 2016 I had *261 purchases* (although each purchase can
> > include several items at the same time), and I made *583 USD*.
> > Revenue was actually higher, but a lot of it went to Bandcamp and
> > PayPal and tax. Gross revenue seems to be around 1352 USD, but I am
> > not sure. The numbers don't add up, so maybe I am reading it wrong.
> > *I am sure about the net amount I received, this part of the report
> > is very clear.*
> > Bandcamp rev is 15%, after you make 5000 USD with them the rev share
> > drops to 10%.
>
> Now this is much more encouraging in any case than the 20,000 listens =
> $352 from resonate. At least it makes it interesting to look a bit
> more into.
>
> > *Promotion stuff.*
> > *-Bandcamp stuff-*
> > *-Online radios-*
> > *-Youtube channels-*
> > *-Soundcloud channels-*
> > *-Submit Hub-*
> > *-In general-*
>
> Thanks Louigi, lots of experienced-based material in there. Very
> useful.
>
> Cheers.

Louigi Verona
https://www.patreon.com/droning