Re: [LAU] [Slightly OT]: small studio tour with photos online

From: Jeanette C. <julien@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 02 2017 - 20:40:08 EEST

May 2 2017, Len Ovens has written:
> Physical controls are nice for sure. I would put a control surface higher up
> the list than a mixer.
I also love hardware surfaces, but for volume controls I've always
worked with software, at least when it came to recording. My Delta was
the first ever soundcard that worked in my Linux box. But when it comes
to synthesizers and sound design, I wouldn't want to live without a
good, rich control panel. I program all my synthesizers and after some -
unfounded fear - of the DX7, I even found that working with the
interface - instead of complaining about it or fearing it - gives great
results and more or less nice access, allowing a good deal of creativity
and experimentation.

Thanks to Will Godfrey, I haven been able use Yoshimi for a while now. I
can program it, but the real fun started, when MIDI learn was exposed to
me. That only goes to show that we love good control UIs for the most
important or interesting parts of our workflow. An interesting study,
really. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3