Re: [LAU] OT: Monitor setups

From: Maurizio Berti <maurizio.berti@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 04 2017 - 18:17:06 EEST

> Maurizio, you're a hero! Three monitors! But it does sound like two is
> okay as well. Also, Patchage looks interesting, what does it offer over
> qjackctl?

Two is fine, but I really miss the third sometimes. Btw, just yesterday I
had to rent what was going to be the new third display, because a friend
got his second monitor burn too, after his first one broke some months
ago... So, it could be worse ;-)
I really prefer Patchage over QjackCtl's patchbay (actually, I don't even
use QjackCtl anymore) because it allows you to have everything on one
viewport, Jack audio, and both ALSA and Jack midi, and place everything
where you need, allowing you a better graphical organization of the
patchbay. When you have projects with more than 30-40 ports, that could be
a mess in QjackCtl.

> (xfce) from my ratpoison / ion3 days. I guess I just like to have most
> things in front of me, and I can always Alt-Tab or use the taskbar to get
> to another program. Let's face it, 90% of our lives are in the web browser
> when we're not doing audio, right? ;)

Well, does programming count? :-)

PS This is the first time I've participated meaningfully on a mailing list
> for many years, and in the meantime, top-posting has become the norm.
> Really hard to quote your posts, sorry. :(

I know, I don't like that too, and I usually do that for work messaging or
when my answer is clear enough without the need of citing the original
message.
Beyond that, I still love old-style bottom posting.

Cheers,
Maurizio

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi