Re: [LAU] OT: Monitor setups

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 04 2017 - 21:15:54 EEST

On Thu, 4 May 2017, Maurizio Berti wrote:
> I really prefer Patchage over QjackCtl's patchbay (actually, I don't even use
> QjackCtl anymore) because it allows you to have everything on one viewport, Jack
> audio, and both ALSA and Jack midi, and place everything where you need, allowing
> you a better graphical organization of the patchbay. When you have projects with
> more than 30-40 ports, that could be a mess in QjackCtl.

It starts to get to be a real mess in patchage too, pretty quick, even
with full screen. Even 10 tracks with a few effects busses gets to that 30
or more ports. Add drums... and the numbers go up quick. Grid based,
sectioned starts to look really good. That is splitting the midi from
audio, inputs from outputs, hardware from software, etc.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net