Re: [LAU] [Music] A Little Ride

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 07 2017 - 02:15:56 EEST

Hey Jeanette,

On 05/06/2017 12:53 PM, Jeanette C. wrote:

> a demo of what? the synth sounds good and I happen to like the
> pattern and harmonies that you used. The only sound I didn't get along
> with was the bass drum. The transient sounds a little flat and I suspect
> it could get more of a bottom end. It all sounds rather analogue, though
> I suppose it's all in software.

Most of the piece is made with presets from the Synthmaster Player VST
plugin (emulated), the bass drum, hihat, and snare are all presets from
the TAL Noisemaker VST (native Linux).

> Is that perhaps the new U-HE?

No u-he synths here this time. :)

> Are you
> considering taking this as a basis for a more finished and fullsome
> song? I'd love that. :)

One never knows.

> Thanks for sharing, it's always interesting to hear what you come up
> with.

Thanks, J, and ditto. My apologies to you - and to all the other music
posters on LAU - for failing to comment on your recent music. I do try
to listen to everything that gets posted, there is some very fine music
being put up here these days, but my time for commentary is nowhere near
what it used to be. :(

Best regards,

dp