Re: [LAU] OT: Monitor setups

From: Maurizio Berti <maurizio.berti@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 08 2017 - 01:02:08 EEST

> the more graphic gimmickry, the less professional. You'll see more
> graphic gimmickry on cheap consumer hifi gear, than on better class
> consumer hifi gear, let alone professional gear. The same is true for
> software. For what purpose do you need a graphical overview of
> all connections during a production?

Since when graphical display is a direct symptom of professionalism?
Professional means that *you* are the professional, you know your tools and
how to use them to get the best results against the minimum effort need to
achieve them.
What's your problem in having different needs for production than yours?

> Real gear as well as virtual gear is connected one time, there's no
> need to have a picture of all connections. Select the MIDI channel of
> the wanted MIDI instrument, name the audio and bus faders, that's it.
> On a real mixing console you would use a permanent maker to write on
> tape.

No, you don't. You use that workflow if, and only if, you are using a
permanent setup. I don't.

Keep it simple and straightforward!

Or... keep it as it meets your needs. :-)
I never said that QjackCtl is not valid, it just isn't right for *my* needs
(again, MY needs, which are different than yours or than anyone else), and
I think that having complex routing layouts it actually doesn't work right.
Again, according to MY needs, MY workflow and MY - always different and
mutable - setups.

Regards,
Maurizio

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi