Re: [LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

From: Moshe Werner <moshwe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 14 2017 - 01:50:09 EEST

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 10:09 PM, list <list@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Thank you for your report on this 1248.
>
> I've made the report on the ULTRALITE AVB in march.
> [http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/
> 2017-March/107629.html]

I've finally bought one, and since 1 month, it runs without any
> troubles.

So I owe you a big thank you:)

> I'm maybe missed it, but which distro are you running this card on ?

I'm running it on a Lenovo W540, KXStudio.

> Did you register your product on MOTU web site, and add a comment that
> you running it with Gnu/Linux. I like to believe that each voice
> count :)

Will do!

> Le Thu, 11 May 2017 21:17:23 +0200,
> Moshe Werner <moshwe@email-addr-hidden> a écrit :
>
> > While playing guitar and singing I didn't feel any
> > of this annoying delay that you sometimes get when the latency is bad.
>
> You surely see that, but you can, thanks to the routing matrix, have
> near 0 latency on hardware monitoring while recording (guitar/vocal)
> nothing goes through the computer. You also have to set the option in
> your DAW to use hardware monitoring.

Yeah sure, but I wanted to try it anyway through the ardour monitoring, as
that's how I usually work.

> > To summarize I'm feeling that we are moving in the right direction
> > here... I hope other manufacturers will follow and make Interfaces
> > and software that work with Linux...
>
> Yeah ! But like Len Ovens said on the ULTRALITE report, it's more «side
> effect» of IOS...than a real Gnu/Linux support. They just repected USB
> CLASS audio «standard» [lot of other brands claim to be Class
> compliant, but you do not have the softwares to control the card, so
> useless ] and embedded the usually softwares they ship for Win/Mac
> inside the card. Anyway it work !

As I said too, that's for sure not Motu suddenly loving Linux:)
But only a few weeks ago I got really frustrated on the lack of pro audio
hardware for Linux, and now I've got a fully functional system, so thanks
Mot and thanks IOS:)

Cheers
Moshe