Re: [LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

From: list <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 12 2017 - 23:09:26 EEST

Hello.

Thank you for your report on this 1248.

I've made the report on the ULTRALITE AVB in march.
[http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2017-March/107629.html]
I've finally bought one, and since 1 month, it runs without any
troubles.

I think it's safe to say that the AVB serie (1248 / 624 / ULTRALITE) is
working for Gnu/Linux.

I'm maybe missed it, but which distro are you running this card on ?

Did you register your product on MOTU web site, and add a comment that
you running it with Gnu/Linux. I like to believe that each voice
count :)

Le Thu, 11 May 2017 21:17:23 +0200,
Moshe Werner <moshwe@gmail.com> a écrit :

> While playing guitar and singing I didn't feel any
> of this annoying delay that you sometimes get when the latency is bad.

You surely see that, but you can, thanks to the routing matrix, have
near 0 latency on hardware monitoring while recording (guitar/vocal)
nothing goes through the computer. You also have to set the option in
your DAW to use hardware monitoring.

> To summarize I'm feeling that we are moving in the right direction
> here... I hope other manufacturers will follow and make Interfaces
> and software that work with Linux...

Yeah ! But like Len Ovens said on the ULTRALITE report, it's more «side
effect» of IOS...than a real Gnu/Linux support. They just repected USB
CLASS audio «standard» [lot of other brands claim to be Class
compliant, but you do not have the softwares to control the card, so
useless ] and embedded the usually softwares they ship for Win/Mac
inside the card. Anyway it work !

> Cheers
>
> Moshe

All the best !