Re: [LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

From: Peter P. <peterparker@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 14 2017 - 21:03:34 EEST

* list <list@email-addr-hidden> [2017-05-12 22:07]:
> Hello.
>
> Thank you for your report on this 1248.
>
> I've made the report on the ULTRALITE AVB in march.
> [http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2017-March/107629.html]
> I've finally bought one, and since 1 month, it runs without any
> troubles.
>
> I think it's safe to say that the AVB serie (1248 / 624 / ULTRALITE) is
> working for Gnu/Linux.

Same thing here. It works thanks to being a class compliant device. I am
having the same issue as others with the first time jackd is started on
that interface it fails, while the second attempt always is successful.

The soundcard mixer is accessible via a browser and ethernet connection.
Motus drivers for windows and osx permit their users to tunnel this
ethernet connection over USB it seems. I have to run a dedicated
ethernet cable to the device in parallel with the usb cable to access
the mixer.

Asking MOTU how they tunnel ethernet over USB did not get me a useful
answer from their side. Perhaps some of the power users from this list
are able to find out if ethernet over usb could work on Linux too?

best, Peter