Re: [LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

From: Peter P. <peterparker@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 15 2017 - 13:44:48 EEST

* Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden> [2017-05-12 22:03]:
[...]
> I found one issue when using Jack. When you use the interface for the first
> time, or when changing sampling rates, the interface takes up to 7 seconds
> to actually change sampling rate and get in sync with others or itself.
> During that time Jack will not start successfully ("cannot set hardware
> params"). The trick so far is to be patient, wait the required time, try
> again and things just work.
I just found out that dmesg prints
[57372.087388] usb 1-1.1: clock source 1 is not valid, cannot use
when connecting the interface via usb to my computer, and a second
[57439.743840] usb 1-1.1: clock source 1 is not valid, cannot use
when I try to start jackd the first time (which causes the same error as
you have)
and the seconds attempt works without further dmesg lines.

There are various bug reports for "clock source N is not valid" findable
on line, but I haven't found the time to check them yet.